Record keeping and correspondence
Notice: This is the official guide from the Toastmasters International.
As secretary, you are responsible for keeping clear and accurate records of club business, including membership records and correspondence with Toastmasters International’s World Headquarters and others.
The Club Leadership Handbook describes the following standards more fully and explains how to carry them out.
Outside the Club Meeting:
- Attend district-sponsored club officer training.
- Maintain accurate membership roster and give it to treasurer to submit with dues.
- Submit new club officer list to World Headquarters within 10 days after elections via Web site or mail. Also, submit any changes to club officers immediately to WHQ.
- Handle general club correspondence.
- Keep club files, including the club charter, Constitution and Bylaws, minutes, resolutions and correspondence.
- Attend club executive committee meetings.
- Arrange for a replacement if unable to attend meetings.
- Prepare your successor for office.
At the Club Meeting:
- Record and read meeting minutes.
- Greet members and guests.