Keeper of club properties
Notice: This is the official guide from the Toastmasters International.
As the sergeant at arms, you are responsible for maintaining club properties, arranging the meeting room and welcoming members and guests at each meeting.
The Club Leadership Handbook describes these standards more fully and explains how to fulfill them.
Outside the Club Meeting:
- Attend district-sponsored club officer training.
- Schedule the meeting location.
- Maintain club equipment and check after every meeting to ensure adequate supplies are available.
- Attend club executive committee meetings.
- Arrange for a replacement if you are unable to attend a club meeting or if you need assistance.
- Prepare your successor for office.
At the Club Meeting:
- Arrange the room and equipment at least 10 minutes before the meeting begins. Make sure the lectern is in place, the banner displayed, evaluation forms and ballots distributed, awards, product guide, progress chart and educational material displayed, place cards arranged and name badges available.
- Greet members and guests and arrange for guests to sit with members.
- Greet visiting officers and escort them to the club president.
- Arrange for food service at meal meetings.
- Ensure the meeting starts on time.
- Collect ballots and tally votes for awards.