Bookkeeping and financial reporting
Notice: This is the official guide from the Toastmasters International.
As treasurer, you are responsible for keeping clear and accurate financial records of club business and for seeing that the club remains financially stable.
The Club Leadership Handbook describes the following standards more fully and explains how to carry them out.
Outside the Club Meeting:
- Prepare a budget to be approved by the executive committee and membership within one month of taking office.
- Provide the bank with a new signature card by July 1/January 1.
- Prepare and send dues statements by August 15/February 15.
- Collect and pay dues to World Headquarters by October 1 and April 1, and work with the vice president membership to contact members who have not paid dues.Pay Dues Online:
- Go to the Members Site
- Click on Club Central link on the left-hand side
- Choose the club you would like to work with
- Click on Pay Dues
- Submit new member applications and dues to World Headquarters within 48 hours of receipt. Add new members online.
- Pay bills as due.
- Keep records of all financial transactions.
- Present verbal and written financial reports quarterly (October 15, January 15, April 15 and July 15).
- Submit club accounts for audit.
- Attend club executive committee meetings.
- Attend district-sponsored club officer training.
- Arrange for a replacement if unable to attend a meeting.
- Prepare successor for office.
At the Club Meeting:
- Receive completed new member applications and dues.
- Announce when dues are due and explain dues structure.
- Greet members and guests.